Wednesday, May 4, 2016

                Word Of Honor

“ I have been asked what I mean by ‘word of honor.’ I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls- walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground- there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk like around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? No, never! I’d die first.” - Karl G. Maser


Reflection                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         



Image result for karl g maeser word of honorMy opinion on this quote is that your word of honor is like giving someone your word. It's the most important thing you possess. Giving your word of honor is like swearing to god. Why? Because when you give someone your word no matter what you have to keep it. You can't take it back or change your mind because once you said you’ll do it you gave that person your word of honor that you will so taking it back or changing your mind breaks that word of honor of yours. No you may think why does it matter so much if i break my word of honor? Well because breaking your word of honor means lots of things firstable it means you have no honor. Second it means you can't be trusted. Finally third it means that you just don't care about anything. Breaking your word of honor will make people not want to talk to you anymore, or be around you. That's why it is extremely important to always no matter what happens keep your word of honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment